In my searches for cheap (read inexpensive) Blackjack 2 accessories, I stumbled upon the gem known as “The CellPhoneShop”. The CellPhoneShop may not be the classiest looking site or have the highest quality accessories, but if you’re looking for spare power adapters, car adapters, USB cables, etc. you’re going to be hard pressed to beat The CellPhoneShop’s prices and quality.
I finally bit the bullet and bought another set of headphones for the Blackjack II because my old set was garbage. The new headphones purchased are Samsung branded and work like a charm.
- Cheap, they cost between $6.00 – $8.00 shipped.
- The adapter fits snugly into the Blackjack II, it doesn’t feel like it might come out at the slightest tug.
- The cord length is a great length, no too short, not too long.
- It has built-in hands-free. This includes a mic that works very well and a unobtrusive “answer” button.
- The ear-buds stay in your ears. I go running with my Blackjack II using these headphones and they rarely fall out.
- The Soft Gel headphones are rubbery, takes a little getting used to, not a big deal though
- Shipping cost more than the headphones themselves (annoying, but what can you do)
All in all, I love the new headphones and have tossed my old pair.
For a limited time use Coupon Code SHOWSP09 for 50% off and FREE shipping!!!
Use Coupon Code: r3fresh20 or dealnews for 20% off.
Amazing protection for your phone. InvisibleShield protects your Blackjack 2 from scratches and scrapes. The Invisible shield are very thin pieces of ultra-durable plastic that you adhere to your phone. Once applied its difficult to visually notice that its there. InvisibleShield does have a barely perceptable tacky-feel, but nothing like the silicon cases that are impossible to take out of your pocket. If you carry your Blackjack 2 around without a case, i highly recommend the InvisibleShield. It will keep your phone looking new, and even help prevent cracking of the LCD.
I purchased the full-body kit (opposed to the screen kit). Those of you that don’t mind the fingerprint prone back of the Blackjack 2 might opt for the screen kit. Once the screen kit is applied you can barely tell its on the phone.
I highly recommend the InvisibleShield for all your electronic gadgets (iPod, iPhones especially since the silver backs of them get scraped up so quickly).
Below are some lessons learned after I installed mine:
- BE PATIENT! Expect a full body kit install will take around 30 mins, if not more. Rushing the install will result in disappointing results.
- Make sure your hands are clean as possible.
- Make sure you are someplace with as little dust/hair/etc. as possible (away from animals, carpet that sheds, fuzzy sweaters, etc.)
- Find a lint-free cloth, and clean your Blackjack 2 prior to installing
- Make sure you are installing the InvisibleShield in a well lit area
- If you run out of the fingerprint shield spray (which you definitely will if you get the full body kit) refill with water. Apply fingerprint shield spray liberally.
- Let the phone dry in a clean/lint-free environment for the full 24 hours.
- You will have bubbles for the first week or so — don’t stress over trying to get them out, they’ll work their way out on their own.
Check out these videos of the InvisibleShield:
When I first got my 4GB SDHC memory card, I thought it was broken because one of my memory card readers would recognize the card, even those my Blackjack 2 could read and write to it just fine. After a quick Google search I realized that my older memory card readers can’t read SDHC cards.
I looked around for the cheapest USB SDHC card reader I could find and came up with the Sandisk MicroMate. I purchased mine through one Amazon’s “Featured Merchants” and was able to get it for under $10 shipped.
Its a solid little adapter.
** WARNING ** If you are running Windows XP, remove this USB Card Reader from the USB port on your computer while booting into Windows. I just had a very bizarre experience where Windows XP would not boot (it reached the loading screen) when the USB Adapter was plugged in. I removed it and everything works just fine. I am still able to use the adapter after Windows has fully booted.
I use a DLink DBT-120 Bluetooth to transfer files between my computer and Blackjack 2. It’s much more convenient than copying files over using a SDHC card or USB cable. The DLink DBT-120 adapter is the ONLY third-party Bluetooth adapter that is certified to work with Mac OS X, and it works just as well under Windows. I have two of these adapters for my OS X and Windows box and love them.
I am using this Kingston 4GB SDHC Micro card. I mainly store Media files on the card and it works as advertised. I’ve read that the Blackjack 2 supports SDHC Micro cards up to 8GB, but this particular card/price provided me the best bang for the buck. At the time of posting the price for the card was $11.00 shipped.
Due to Buy.com’s price fluxuations, I suggest you check out The CellPhoneShop’s deals on 4GB sd micro cards.
Note, you will need a SDHC card reader for your computer to read this card on your computer. Many card readers do NOT support SDHC. Windows Mobile 6+ supports SDHC. Windows Mobile 5 does NOT.