Reamer has put together a hack that lets you use your Blackjack II as a Wireless modem for your laptop or computer! If you have a (I suggest unlimited) data plan, you can now use your Blackjack II’s 3G data connection to allow your laptop or desktop PC to connect to the internet. This hack works with Windows computers and might work on OS X machines via Bluetooth (OS X support hasn’t been tested).
Follow these steps to enable wireless tethering on your Blackjack II
- Install the CAB file
- Go to Settings > Connections > GPRS
- In the AT&T ISP and MEdia Net options
- Access Point: wap.cingular
- Use Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
- Password: CINGULAR1
- Start Menu > Programs > Internet Sharing
If you have a problem with the message saying “remote party has ended the connection” just reboot your Blackjack II.
Big, big thanks to Reamer for putting this hack together!