Here is a quick tutorial on how to run CAB files on your Blackjack 2. CAB files are software installation packages (similar to .MSI files in windows). Most software you will install on your Blackjack 2 will come packaged as a CAB file.
- Do NOT unzip the CAB file!!!
- Transfer the CAB file to your phone; remember what folder you copy the CAB file to — “My Documents” is generally the default location.
- Copy the CAB file using ActiveSync
- Send the CAB file using Bluetooth
- Copy the CAB file to your microSD card, and then put the microSD card in your Blackjack 2.
- E-mail the CAB file to yourself; Save attachment to your Blackjack 2
- Download the CAB file from a Web site from your Smartphone.
- Save the CAB file to your phone using your web browser’s “Save As” feature; Go to Step 3 below.
- Open the CAB file using your web browser’s “Open” feature; Skip to Step 6 below.
- Goto Start > Applications > File Explorer
- Navigate to the folder containing the CAB file (generally “My Documents”)
- Select the CAB file, and click the select button on the D-Pad
- Follow the onscreen instructions (If pompted you will generally want to install software to your Device rather than a Storage Card)
- After the installation is complete, goto Start > Applications and run the newly installed software.
Once a CAB file has been installed you may delete the CAB file from your Blackjack 2.
To uninstall a CAB file, go to “Start > Settings > Remove Programs” and Select the corresponding program you wish to uninstall.